Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ads!

I think for my personal business, I would not use Facebook ads to help promote and expand it.  My business isn't really a huge corporate company that people all around the world could benefit from.  I have more of a localized company/business so ads  like that wouldn't suit me the best.  I think the best way to promote my business would be in local stores around my area such as flyers in grocery stores and such.  Another useful way would be in local magazines or newspapers.  However, if I were to advertise through Facebook, I would go with the ads that are placed periodically on one's timeline because it seems as if everyone disregards the ads that are on the side of the screen.  If one scrolls down their feed and sees a local ad, I feel like they would be more inclined to try it out!  My budget would be very minuscule because I think social media ads never seem to work.  Everyone seems to regard them as spam or useless, so it would be quite pointless to spend money on something that may not get me any more business.  Below are a few possible ad ideas.  I think mixing humor in ads will make the viewer more open and inclined to buy into your business.











6 comments:

  1. I definitely think incorporating humor into your posts will help create traffic. Many people, Facebook users, Twitter etc enjoy memes and other aspects of social media. I also agree that many people think Facebook ads are full of spam or useless, I never want to click or them or have anything to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, I love the cat ad! I think it would get attention on Facebook. It seems to me that you're giving up the idea of a Facebook ads before you event try it. With Facebook you can target an audience just in your area, that are looking to get healthy, loose weight etc... Facebook has the best targeting abilities out there and you have such a small demographic I would think it would be perfect. Also you can do a test ad for very little money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humor definitely helps. The cat ad is great. I wouldn't give up on the Facebook ads as an option yet, John. Although I haven't tried it yet, logically it makes sense. Even handing out flyers will not typically yield a ton of foot traffic, at least not with my family business. Word-of-mouth works well for my business as well, but you can use Facebook as word-of-mouth advertising. If you do create an offer ad and get people to take advantage of the offer, their friends will see that they did, and it could prompt them to do the same. I'm not saying it's a sure thing, but I think it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cat picture is awesome!!! That would definitely catch the attention of people on social media. Facebook allows for a pretty focused target net - I just found that out myself while doing this exercise. It might be worth a second look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome post. Too fly to be fly. I wish you all the best and hope you have an ultra pleasant experience with your business. You have a great mind and some awesome ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cat picture is amazing!!!! I think that ad could go viral. : ) I have a health and wellness site and may try to use some similar humor because I think it really stands out. The tweet seems like it could work because it is personalized, but I see what you mean -- it does look like spam, and I am not sure people trust twitter tweet ads.

    ReplyDelete