Thursday, September 12, 2013

Communication Error?

Communicating with large businesses can be a hassle and sometimes may not result in what you are hoping for.  One time, when I was trying to communicate a return with Urban Outfitters, they took an extremely long time to reply to my email.  By the time I actually got a response, I barely had anytime to return the product by their 'deadline.'  It was extremely frustrating trying to complete a process with no help from the company.  If I had been able to contact them via Facebook or Twitter, the process may have been easier to complete.

On the contrary, I have had many pleasurable experiences dealing with businesses through social media platforms.  For example, when the release of a new product that I really wanted was hours away, I tweeted a question to the brand and got a fast and informative response.  This made me happy as a customer to know that the company interacts with it's consumers and because I got the information I was looking for.  Another positive experience was when a brand forgot to ship me a product I had ordered.  I contacted them via twitter and my response was again - immediate.  They quickly shipped me my bracelet and even shipped a complimentary bracelet free of charge! It was an AWESOME experience and social media played a big part, allowing me to communicate quickly and effectively.  

3 comments:

  1. ....hell yah John! I love this post and you are a class act for sure. it TRIPS me out how informative your post REALLY was. Wow..

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....i STRONGLY appreciate your kind words....warms my heart for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not surprised about UO's response time. I once had a shipping error and it took them about a week to get anything back. That is awesome about the bracelet, I think that if more companies had a fast response time the success would be much greater and more positive. Social Media can be used quite effectively in order to reach out to they're customers at least that is what the original intention was. Why don't more companies utilize that aspect to further promote quality assistance.

    ReplyDelete