Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Why Did I Choose This?

I chose this template for my blog because of its simplicity.  The posts are organized in a straight line as one scrolls down which is easy to read and comprehend.  The blue background is calm and inviting rather than using a typical bland color such as white or black.  If somebody were to come to my blog to find out some information, I want them to feel comfortable scrolling through and reading the content.  I know from experience that if a website is poorly laid out, I have a higher chance of not visiting the site again.

I am very used to the blogging platform, Tumblr.  The blue color was influenced by it because it gives a feeling of serenity.  This layout was also similar to a layout I once had on my tumblr.  The posts are single column and decent sized so the visiter can easily see each post.  Also, I like the way the title stands out blatantly with this template.  This way the reader can see what they are viewing rather than searching the whole blog to find out what it is about.

Overall, I chose this template because it was clear and simple.  There should be no struggle trying to navigate through a website to find any information.  I feel like this layout will portray this standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment