Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Review...

This semester, I enjoyed using Facebook for my business for several of reasons.  The first reason is it's simplicity. Since Facebook has been around for forever, it was easy for me navigate and work with.  I also like the feature of the admin panel.  I feel like this feature gives you all you need to know/use right at your fingertips.  Lastly, I love the feature of being able to set status posts ahead of time, like they are running on a queue.  I think this is the best for a person with a busy schedule because you can go on once and set several posts to be posted throughout the week, month, etc...  I think my least favorite to use would be Twitter, simply because it doesn't really fit my business type.  Don't get me wrong, I love Twitter for my personal life, but looking at a business aspect, I don't think it suits it very well.  Lastly, even though we didn't get to work with it, I think Instagram would be awesome for my business.  The fact that you can post pictures and short video clips would be easy for me to post tips and advertisements.  With Instagram's growing popularity, I think expanding my business through that social media platform would produce the most success.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, being able to post status updates ahead of time is really valuable. I think Twitter does not really fit your business type either, Instagram is a great alternative because of it's countless features. I think being able to post short video work out or tips for healthy eating would be great, I think this is an upcoming trend for many personal trainers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your assessment of Instagram. Fitness can be displayed beautifully in images, and that also works well for Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't fond of Twitter!

    I agree that scheduling posts via Facebook is incredibly handy. It allows me to schedule numerous posts for the times when my followers are online even If I'm not. It really helps push reach and engagement.

    ReplyDelete